Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide to us: We collect the information you provide to us which includes:
- your full name, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender, profile picture, address or postal code, and payment method(s). We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, log in using Google Sign-In or Facebook Login, interact with our customer service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions;
- information when you choose to provide ratings, taste preferences, account settings (including preferences set in the “Account” section of our website, mobile applications), or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising partners, as well as information regarding your network, network devices, and your computer or other Elliel™ capable devices you might use to access our service (such as smart TVs, mobile devices, and other streaming media devices). This information includes:
- your activity on the Elliel™ service, such as the campaigns you support, your voices messages, your gender, your comments in community section(s), title selections, your country or region, your movies, series, or other content you have watched, and search queries;
- your interactions with our emails and texts, and with our messages through push and online messaging channels;
- device IDs or other unique identifiers, including for your network devices, and devices that are Elliel™ capable on your Wi-Fi network;
- resettable device identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers such as UDID, IDFA, and AAID), such as those on mobile devices, tablets, and streaming media devices that include such identifiers (see the “Cookies and Internet Advertising” section below for more information);
- device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information including type (wifi, cellular), statistics on page views, referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
- Information from partners: We collect information from other companies with whom you have a relationship (“Partners”). Our partners (see the “Our Partners & Providers” section below for more information) are generally but not limited to advertising, analytics, and marketing. These Partners might include (depending on what services you use): your mobile devices, ISP, or other streaming media device providers who make our service available on their device; mobile phone carriers or other companies who provide services to you and collect payment for the Elliel™ service for distribution to us or provide pre-paid promotions for the Elliel™ service; and voice assistant platform providers who enable interaction with our service through voice commands. The information Partners provide us varies depending on the nature of the Partner Services, and may include:
- search queries and commands applicable to Elliel™ that you make through Partner devices or voice assistant platforms;
- service activation information such as your name, email address, or other contact information including device information but not limited to;
- IP addresses, device IDs, or other unique identifiers, as well as associated pre-paid promotion, billing, and user interface information, that support user authentication, the Elliel™ service registration experience, Partner payment processing, and the presentation of Elliel™ content to you through portions of the Partner user interface.
- security service providers who provide us with information to secure our systems, prevent fraud and help us protect the security of Elliel™ accounts;
- payment service providers who provide us with payment or balance information, or updates to that information, based on their relationship with you;
- online and offline data providers, from which we obtain aggregated demographic, interest-based, and online advertising related data;
- publicly available sources such as publicly available posts on social media platforms and information available through public databases associating IP addresses with internet service providers (ISPs).
Use of Information
We use the information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance, secure, and personalize our services and marketing efforts, manage member referrals, process your registration, your orders, and your payments, and communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use such information to:
- secure our systems, prevent fraud and help us protect the security of Elliel™ accounts, services, and data information;
- determine your general geographic location, provide localized content, provide you with customized and personalized viewing recommendations for movies, series, and other content we think will be of interest to you, determine your ISP to support network troubleshooting for you (we also use aggregated ISP information for operational and business purposes), and help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- coordinate with Partners on making the Elliel™ service available to members and providing information to non-members about the availability of the Elliel™ service, based on the specific relationship you have with the Partner;
- analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences and service performance) and optimize content selection, recommendation algorithms, and delivery;
Disclosure of Information
Elliel™ NEVER shares or sells your information(s) to any partners or third-party providers unless required. Our user(s) information is of utmost importance to us. We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents, or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, security, infrastructure, and IT services, to customize, personalize and optimize our service, to process credit card transactions, to store credits cards in a secure encrypted vault(s) or other payment methods, to retrieve credit cards from the secure encrypted vault(s) or other payment methods, to provide bank account or balance information, to provide customer service, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services (which includes maintaining and improving their services). Please keep in mind Elliel™ HAS NO CONTROL OVER HOW OUR PARTNERS & PROVIDERS’ PROVIDERS USE YOUR INFORMATION.
- Elliel™ Partners: As described above, you may have a relationship with one or more of our Partners, in which case we may share certain information with them in order to coordinate with them on providing the Elliel™ service to members and providing information about the availability of the Elliel™ service. For example, depending on what Partner services you use, we may share information:
- in order to facilitate Partner pre-paid promotions, analytics data, country, region, or collection of payment for the Elliel™ service for distribution to us;
- with Partners who operate voice assistant platforms that allow you to interact with our service using voice commands;
- so that content and features available in the Elliel™ service can be suggested to you in the Partner’s user interface. For members, these suggestions are part of the Elliel™ service and may include customized and personalized viewing recommendations.
- Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices and we have no control over how they use your information.
- Protection of Elliel™ and others: Elliel™ and its Service Providers may disclose and otherwise use your personal and other information where we or they reasonably believe such disclosure is needed to:
- (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address illegal or suspected illegal activities (including payment fraud), security or technical issues, or;
- (d) protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Elliel™, its users, or the public, as required or permitted by law.
Whenever in the course of sharing information we transfer personal information to other countries we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
You may also choose to disclose your information in the following ways:
- certain portions of our service may contain a tool that gives you the option to share information by email, text message, and social or other sharing applications, using the clients and applications on your smart device;
- social plugins and similar technologies allow you to share information.
Access to Profiles Information
- Account Management: For ease of access to your account, you can use the “Account” function when you log in to the application or website. This function uses technology that enables us to provide direct account access and to help administer the Elliel™ service without requiring reentry of any password or other user identification when you open the mobile applications or revisits the service on the website.
- Giving others access to your account: Sharing of accounts with anyone is strictly prohibited on the Elliel™ platform and its services. If you share or otherwise allow others to have access to your account, they will be able to see shows you have watched, ratings, and account information (including your email address or other information in the “Account” or “Profile” section). We DO NOT ENSURE and allow sharing of your account with anyone under any condition. You might have the option to use seamless account login through the Elliel™ mobile app, which enables login to the Elliel™ app on Smart TVs, tablets, and other streaming media devices on the Wi-Fi network to which you are connected.
- Removing active sessions & devices: To remove access to your Elliel™ account from your devices or terminate active sessions, you can always login into your mobile applications and go to the Account Settings > Devices / Sessions > Terminate to do so. Where possible, users of public or shared devices should log out at the completion of each visit. If you sell or return a computer or Elliel™ ready device, you should log out and deactivate the device before doing so. If you do not maintain the security of your password or device, or fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may be able to access your account, including your personal information.
- Email and Text Messages: If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email or text message, simply access the “Notifications Settings” option in the “Account” section of our mobile application and uncheck those items to unsubscribe. Alternatively, click the “unsubscribe” link in the email or reply STOP (or as otherwise instructed) to the text message. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from service-related correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions, and security updates.
- Push Notifications: You can choose to receive mobile push notifications from Elliel™. On some device operating systems, you will be automatically enrolled in the notifications. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your mobile device’s settings functionality to turn them off. We also offer push notifications on certain web browsers. If you agree to receive those notifications and subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your browser’s settings to turn them off.
- WhatsApp: If you have enabled WhatsApp messages in connection with your Elliel™ account or profile and no longer wish to receive them, you can use your WhatsApp app settings to block them.
- Interest-Based Ads: Interest-based ads are online ads that are tailored to your likely interests based on your use of various apps and websites across the Internet. If you are using a browser, then cookies and web beacons can be used to collect information to help determine your likely interests. If you are using a mobile device, tablet, or streaming media device that includes a resettable device identifier, then that identifier can be used to help determine your likely interests. For your choices about interest-based ads from Elliel™, please see the “Cookies and Internet Advertising” section (below).
- Matched Identifier Communications: Some third-party sites and apps allow us to reach our users with online promotions about our titles and services by sending a privacy-protective identifier to the third party. A privacy-protective identifier means we convert the original information (such as an email address or phone number) into a value to keep the original information from being revealed. The third-party compares the privacy-protective identifier to identifiers in its database and there will be a match only if you have used the same identifier (such as an email address) with Elliel™ and the third party. If there is a match, Elliel™ can then choose whether or not to send a given promotional communication to you on that third-party site or app, and can optimize and better measure the effectiveness of online advertising. You can opt-out in the “Notifications Settings” section of the “Account” section in the mobile application.
Our Partners & Providers
Elliel™ has various partners to provide, analyze, administrate, show ads, manage payment methods, provide subscription services, provide better response time, run advertisements, provide security, and process the data. Here is the list of our third-party partners and providers:
- Analytics Partner(s): Our analytics partner(s) help us see analytics about our audience including but not limited to their country, device information, ISP provider, and more. We have no control over how our analytics partners use your data and information. The data from analytics is used for security, performance, marketing, and promotional purposes.
- Advertising Partner(s): Our advertising partners help us generate advertising revenue and provide us with AVOD (Ad-Supported Video on Demand), SVOD (Subscription Video on Demand), and more. We have no control over how our advertising partners use your data and information.
- Payment Provider(s): Our payments provider(s) includes Google Pay, Apple Pay, and Stripe Payments. We have no control over how our payment providers use your data and information. We only share information that is required to process your payment. Elliel™ DO NOT STORE your credit card details or any other payment method details. Everything is managed by our payment providers in encrypted form.
- Performance Provider(s): Our performance provider(s) includes Cloudflare and Amazon AWS. We have no control over how our performance providers use your data and information. We only share information that is required to serve the content and data for the Elliel™ services.
Your Information and Rights
You can request access to your personal information, or correct or update the out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You may also request that we delete the personal information that we hold about you.
When you visit the “Account” section of our mobile applications, where you have the ability to access and update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information, your Elliel™ payment information, and various related information about your account (such as the content you have viewed and rated). You must be signed in to access the “Account” section.
If you are the account owner, to download a copy of your personal information, open the mobile applications, and navigate to Account > Requests > Account Information, and follow the instructions. Make sure you have attached and verified your email within your account along with your phone number before you request your account information.
Retention of Information
If you have removed a payment method, but have not deleted your account, we retain a hash of the payment details for the reasons stated above. If you change your email address, we retain a hash of the prior email address for security purposes to allow you to validate that it was previously associated with the account. Please make sure to cancel your subscription, remove your payment methods before requesting deleting of your account when required.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical, and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information. Elliel™ keeps backup of its services in various locations depending upon the data centers provided by Our Partners & Providers.
You must be at least 13 years of age or older to subscribe to the Elliel™ service and support its projects or campaigns. Minors may only use the service with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
Cookies and Internet Advertising
Cookies and similar technologies, web beacons, and resettable device identifiers
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. We use other technologies such as browser storage, app storage, and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and NoSQL). Like cookies, these other technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags) often work in conjunction with cookies. In many cases, declining cookies will impair the effectiveness of web beacons associated with those cookies.
If you use the Elliel™ app on a mobile device, tablet, or streaming media device, we may collect a resettable device identifier from your device. Resettable device identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers) are similar to cookies and are found on many mobile devices and tablets (for example, the “Identifier for Advertisers” (or IDFA) on Apple iOS devices and the “Google Advertising ID” on Android devices), and certain streaming media devices. Like cookies, resettable device identifiers are used to make online advertising more relevant and for analytics and optimization purposes.